The Winter Harbor Lighthouse on Mark Island can be viewed from Grindstone Point in Winter Harbor or from the western shoreside of the Schoodic Peninsula in Acadia National Park. The lighthouse, originally established and built in 1856, is constructed of brick and asphalt. The keeper's house was built later in 1876. The boathouse was built in 1878 followed by the Oil House in 1905. The original optic used in the lighthouse was a fifth order Fresnel.
The lighthouse is currently privately owned and not open to the public.
© 2001 - 2014 Greg A. Hartford, AcadiaMagic.com
All Rights Are Retained by the Copyright and Trademark Owner
All other copyrights and trademarks are reserved by their respective holders.