Lodging | Activities | Acadia | Home
Besides the well known campgrounds in Acadia National Park called Blackwoods and Seawall, Bar Harbor,
Southwest Harbor, Bass Harbor, Trenton, Somes Sound, and other communities have great campgrounds as well. Use this resource
to locate the best one for you during your visit.
Harbor Camping Resorts
Three Different Locations
: Call or View Web
You'll love the view at our three Bar Harbor Camping Resorts. Visit Mt. Desert Narrows or Narrows Too - and enjoy the
ocean view. Or,... park your RV or pitch your tent at Patten Pond - a 740-acre lake with a beautiful, private beach.
Within Acadia National Parl
Open year round in a forested Acadia National Park setting with about 306 sites • Showers are nearby but there
are no hookups or utilities provided in the campground. Reservations are required mid-June through mid-September.
33 Hadley's Point Rd., Bar Harbor
: Call or View Web
Contemporary AAA4-Diamond Inn with 700ft. of shoreline • In tune with the natural beauty of Bass Harbor and Acadia
National Park • Four luxurious rooms with water views, full gourmet breakfast, pool, sauna, hot tub.
Within Acadia National Park
: Late May - Sept
Provides a great wooded setting in Acadia National Park, 4 miles south of Southwest Harbor, Maine, and about a 10 minute
walk from the ocean • Open late May through September • Showers and camping supply stores are nearby.
20 Main St., Southwest Harbor
: Varies | Open
We are uniquely located to explore many hiking trails in Acadia National Park - No need to even get in your car! Walk
from your campsite through the woods to Echo Lake Beach in Acadia National Park or have fun in our Heated Pool
86 Hall Quarry Rd., Mount Desert
: Call or View Web
Oceanfront campground near Acadia National Park on beautiful Mount Desert Island • Small, peaceful, well-maintained
campground with spectacular ocean and mountain views • Heated swimming pool, kayak and paddle boat rentals
- Balsam Cove Campground:
- Located in East Orland on the mainland, right on 10 mile long Toddy Pond Free hot showers, laundromat, swimming
beach, horseshoes, volleyball, boat dock, fishing, canoe & row boat rentals, paddle boat rentals, and more
- Bass Harbor Campground:
- Located in Bass Harbor on MDI about a 10 minute walk from the Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse 130 Shady or
wooded sites, fireplaces, free hot showers, heated swimming pool, hot tub (for adults), playground, laundromat, and
- Blackwoods Campground:
- Located in Acadia National Park on MDI • Open year round in a forested setting with about 306 sites Showers
are nearby but there are no hookups or utilities provided in the campground. Reservations are required mid-June through
mid-September of each year. Call beginning in February to make reservations by phone or use their online link.
- Echo Lake Camp:
- Located just outside Acadia National Park between Southwest Harbor and Somesville on Mount Desert Island, Echo
Lake Camp has been helping families, couples and individuals experience the beauty of Acadia ever since 1925.
- Hadleys Point Campground:
- Located in Bar Harbor near Route 3 on Mount Desert Island, Hadleys Point Campground is family camping at its best.
A public saltwater beach is only a 5 minute walk.
- Mainayr Campground:
- Located in Stueben on the mainland in Downeast, Coastal Maine • Nice 35 acre setting near Joy Cove - a great
place for canoeing, kayaking, and windsurfing. The camping area provides sites for tents and R.V.'s, a complete range
of services including hot showers, modern bathrooms, a laundry, camp store, and more.
- Mountainview Campground:
- Located on the National Schoodic Scenic Byway on the mainland in Sullivan • Ocean front camping Relax
in the natural surroundings of the rocky shore and a quiet family atmosphere Near Bar Harbor & both sections
of Acadia National Park - Free hot showers and 1 day free with a week stay.
- Paul Bunyan Campground:
- Located in Bangor, the largest economic center in central Maine Open and shady sites with picnic tables
and firering Pets are welcome but must be leashed
- Pleasant Hill Campground:
- Located in Bangor, Maine Spacious sites with picnic tables and fireplaces Recreation hall, heated
swimming pool, miniature golf course, 2 playgrounds, laundromat, and more
- Seawall Campground:
- Located in Acadia National Park on MDI in Southwest Harbor • Provides a great wooded setting about a 10
minute walk from the ocean Open late May through September Showers and camping supply stores are nearby.
A maximum of 6 people and one vehicle is allowed per site.
- Shaddy Oaks Campground:
- Located in Orland, Maine, between Bucksport and Ellsworth Wooded and shaded sites with picnic tables and
fireplaces, showers, laundry, swimming pool, horseshoes, recreation hall, playground, and more No dogs allowed
- Smuggler's Den Campground: Southwest Harbor
- Located in Southwest Harbor, Maine, only about a 20 minute walk from Echo Lake Free hot showers, heated
swimming pool, laundry, fire areas, camp store, horseshoe pit, playground, and more
- Whispering Pines Campground:
- Located in East Orland, Maine, between Bucksport and Ellsworth Open and broken shaded sites, pine tree setting,
campfires, swimming, fishing on Toddy Pond, and more